Another week in the books with “Boom” as the theme this time around. Recapping, here’s what made it:
- Boom or Bust: Out of marble, an annoyed half-orc sculptor shoves the party into a retrieval mission. What waits for them there is unlike anything they’ve seen before.
- Boom Town’s Dark Secret: Uncover the truth of what befell a once-prosperous mining town
- Boom Goes The Dyno Might: A strange dwarven event unleashes chaos
- Blast From The Past: Solve the mystery of a farmer’s exploding chickens
- Boom and Gloom: Noise ordinances are there for a reason GARY. Can the party help settle a dispute?
- Boomboxes & Bardic Desperation: The “boombox” threatens to put hardworking bards out of business
This week we started going a bit deeper on some of the NPCs and Monsters we’ve been adding in our encounters and are uploading them to YouTube every other day. Check them out here!
Alright, onto the ideas that got left in the dust.
- An explosion goes off where wizards are looking on an anti-aging, long-lasting spell
- Boarding school on a hill…launch their children up into the school
- Waiting for report cards…that have never come home
- Rugs of Smothering have taken over the school
- Kid who was expelled 50 years ago and has lived in the mountains, amassing a rug of smothering army ←intentionally wrinkle rugs so kids and teachers would trip…and enough was enough.
- Whoopie cushions…air elementals emitting farting sounds
- Greased-up numbered pigs
Something with Booming Blade
- You brandish the weapon used in the spell’s casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, the target takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
- Cantrip gets messed up and instead it’s the blooming blade…deal less damage and just showers them with flowers and sparkles
- Blooming Blade…he comes from a family of druids, but he wants to be an artificer…help him accomplish his dream.
- Spare the Dying…can only save dying houseplants/crops
- Poison spray…only hurts pest insects
- Trying to protect his garden from a giant insect, grubber
- I am the Horax, I speak for the trees! I have returns from the depths of 3Es
My Heart Goes Boom
- Faulty surgeries
- Enchanted hearts that produce the thunderclap spell whenever they’re excited or nervous
- The town is REALLY calm, deliberately calm
- You arrive at the town having just seen attacking marauders gathering on the hill
- Dessert chef needs the party’s help to gather eggs…eggs from some screaming creature to create the booming meringue
- Manticore eggs maybe
- Serve it up…very wealthy clientele are coming
- Rich environmentalists…wearing shirts that say “Save the Manticores”
- Moral dilemma to let them know or stay quiet
Outback Steakhouse Booming Onion
- Buy one get one
- Party needed to get the booming onion and split it
- Secretly spicy dish, constitution checks, gives them small-range firebreath, massive indigestion
- Someone breaks in to rob the place, throwing BOOMerangs
And The Rest
- Boom Shaka Laka
- Icy creature selling milkshakes and he hopes that the people laka them a lot.
- Yeti needs help advertising
- Here comes the boom
- A fight club where a janitor is rising through the ranks in order to save the janitor school
- Boom Boom Boom, I want you in my room
- A band of rapscallions called the Venga Boys is dancing through towns across the Realm, stealing their favorite furniture from homes and turning them into sentient constructs
- This is my boomstick!
- Magic Item that emits thunderwave when slammed down on the ground
- Sh-Boom (Life Could Be a Dream)
- Town put into a long sleep…knocked out for 100 years
- Rip Van Winkle situation
- Go into their dreams and rescue them (Fallout 3)
- Okay, Boomer
- A Wizard named Boomer refuses to cast any non-Thunder spells and does so at inopportune times
- Legion of Boom
- Pirates are going to mutiny because they ALL want to be the boom operator and fighting over who gets to use it
- Decide on a pirating skills test to determine whoever is most deserving
- Tick, Tick, Boom
- Person wants to write a musical
- It’s all about clocks that explode (“it’s a metaphor” the pretentious playwright says)
- Needs your help performing it for possible producers/backers