Each week we’ll be posting our duds of ideas because one bard’s trash is a barbarian’s treasure…or something like that. Anywho, maybe it’ll spark something interesting for you. If it does, let us know and we’ll feature your full idea.
Thanks for reading!
First, the ideas that made it:
- Queen of the Mountain – the most insane chair lift adventure ever written for 5e
- What the Fork? – A strange encounter with an inventor and the ones who do the heavy lifting
- Pod Have Mercy on My Soul – when lifting your voices in the middle of the forest goes terribly wrong
- Shoot for the Moon – Neville Armstrong – Liftoff, we have liftoff. Can Neville make it to one of the many moons?
- Doth Thou Even Lift, Bro? – Crossfit, but doing a looot of dead lifts. Literally.
…and now those that didn’t!
Put On A Happy Face
- Dnd botox, botched by doctor in town so everyone’s face is always stuck in a frown
- Doctor is panicking, and has strung everyone in town so that they’re smiling
- Euphoria from blood rushing to head
- Doctor is like “I panicked! I didn’t know what to do!”..”turn that frown upside down…LITERALLY!”
- Reverse bad botox
- Time magic…stasis spell on faces that’s keeping them: “Plastic Surgery & Amateur Chronomancy” on store sign
Ride With Me
This one almost made it, but we couldn’t figure out how to end it. Essentially building a rideshare system in a TTRPG.
As the party stumbles out of a local tavern, or as they enter a town, ask for a DC10 dexterity saving throw. Those that do not succeed are immediately trampled by a passing rickshaw-like cart with a passenger and a driver speeding away.
They can easily find the rickshaw later in town with the same driver fixing up a wheel and removing any bits of party member that he may have accidentally ripped off when speeding away.
- Lorzub Green, a half-orc with a dream
- Started with one cart, now has a fleet of 100 carts across 10 towns
- Takes riders all over town
- Users shout out windows to get the attention?
- Some of Lorzub’s drivers are out sick, and business his booming; he needs help running the rickshaws for the day. Offers to pay the party.
- 3 Rickshaw carts (1-2 party members pulling each rickshaw, depending on party size)…each goes about running the rickshaws for the next few hours.
- Roll for general success to determine gold earned during those hours…maybe even quiz your players with landmarks in the city, and they need to answer correctly whether that landmark is north, east, west, or south of the town center to determine success of trips.
- Each rickshaw ends their shift with a “special guest.”
- Rickshaw 1: Shady gentleman who keeps stopping and getting back onto the rickshaw, gradually heavier and heavier (he’s robbing houses and his pockets are filling with coin/treasures)
- Rickshaw 2: Sight-seeing tourist that wants to see only the best sites of the city and hear some improvised tour-guide commentary to go along with it
- Rickshaw 3: A city inspector…asks questions and gauges the safety, structure, and professionalism of the trip
- Maybe some sort of rickshaw chase scene skill challenge?
Sticky Lifting Fingers
- Lift as in to steal
- Stop an art thief
- Turns out it’s the artist himself trying to raise publicity for his painting and make it seem more expensive and desirable than it actually is
The Lift To Somewhere Bad
- Lift…building an elevator to descend down into a dangerous mine for some ridiculously useless element
Why didn’t they just fly them back
- Service where it’s a griffon with a harness that is super uncomfortable
- Someone who stole a rare animal egg and is being hunted by the family of beasts
- Poacher maybe?