This week’s theme word was “pit” and was also our first full week on our new platform. Hopefully you saw no issues, but let us know below or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ran into problems. We also realized after that all of our encounters inadvertently ended up being for parties 4-7. Great for DMs with parties at that level, but we’ll work on variety this week.
- The Pit of Da Spare – A new central location for all sorts of shenanigans lies just beneath the floorboards in the party’s favorite tavern, good for parties of any level.
- The Pit and the Pendulum – Solve the mystery of why this singing barbershop quartet refuses to leave their prison cell in this dungeon encounter for party levels 4-7.
- The Money Pit – A standard pit exploring trip turns dangerous in this play-tested desert encounter for parties of levels 4-7.
- I Pity The Fool – A jester is being held in the local castle as he has not been able to make the king or queen laugh in weeks. Can the party assist in his rescue? Urban encounter for Any Level party.
- Pitt’s Berg Stealers – Captain Pitt and his crew enter a turf war over precious crystalline ice in this arctic ocean encounter for party levels 4-7.
- Show ‘Em Who’s Pit Boss – Help Buck E. Brie’s Pizzeria by either destroying their “haunted” animatronics or playing quirky minigames in this City Encounter for Party Levels 4-7
We also passed 2,000 followers on Instagram! If you want to reach out, Instagram is generally where you’ll get the fastest response, so give us a follow and say hey.
Also also, we’re going to start posting some resources in this weekly recap, so let us know below what sorts of resources you’re looking for. Now, onto some of our other ideas that didn’t make it for the theme “pit.”
- A gravekeeper is trying to determine what to do with his arm pit
- “The arms just don’t fit well in the graves, so I’ve been tossing them into this pit”
- Repurpose the arms or teach him how to make better graves
- Otyugh (CR5) taking bones out of the pit
- Mr. Realmwide (he’s also incredibly fat…WIDE)
- People keep being disappointing in his concerts because they show up and find he isn’t actually a dog that can sing (which would be impressive)
- Help turn him into a dog OR pull a Cyrano and have him sing while a dog just sits onstage
- Pirate crew smells so bad after being out on the high seas
- Need a deodorant…Seabreeze
- Oliver N Hale needs the party to deliver the deodorant to the ship…which is currently stranded at sea because everyone’s eyes are watering and they’re gagging and can’t navigate home.
- ALSO, the foul smell is attracting something
- Moshi Moshi Pit
- Service that connects callers via sending stones
- Sending stone ID
- But there’s a prank calling that’s bothering them…they want the party to investigate
- It’s a little Boggle who is lonely
- Timed role-play minigame
- An awkward someone wants to sell his something but is too shy to pitch it to the upper management
- Party has three tries to pitch the product and persuade them to accept the idea
- Elevator gets stuck therefore they have to pry open the door and descend safely back down
- Party has an opportunity to use this new product to save the upper management and earn their acceptance
- New product: rope…spider sticky shoes
- Roving motorcycle gang, intimidating (scary looking)
- Roaming group of Yuan-Ti
- Wear leather jackets to not get sunburned (many of them just had their annual skin shed and now they’re super sensitive
- Wacky goal: roving plumbers…squirm into pipes and help clear sewers/irrigation X
- They’re really worried because this one town has sewer gas building and it will explode unless they accept the Yuan-Ti’s help
- Role-play…the villagers say “okay, we will let you go down there, but that party is going with you (players are non-Yuan-Ti).
- Ride into town, everyone hides so they can’t help them
- They the party to improve their image to make them more approachable
- Bunch of holes everywhere
- Owned by a pit fiend
- Lots of traps and tricks along the way, making golf more difficult
- Party finds out the golf ball they’re using is actually a trapped soul, and the last hole sends the ball down into the Nine Hells
- Townsfolk distracted by prizes, hole-on-one on 18th…the prizes are always some possession of the soul being sent somewhere (giving away his stuff)