“Because you never know when you’ll need a potato.”
An uncommon ring, this starchy circle needs no attunement and is able to be worn by anyone. When worn, the wearer is granted the ability to manifest one potato per day in their open palm, simply by saying “potato.”
There is nothing unique, magical, cursed, or special about the manifested potato. It is edible, without eyes, and without dead spots. Once removed from their hand, but still in their possession, the manifested potato will begin to rot at three times its normal rate.
The manifested potato weighs a half pound and counts as a half ration if eaten.
Standard Rot Rate:
- When stored in a cool, dark place, uncooked potatoes can last up to two months
- Out in the open, potatoes will generally last up to 16 days
- The increased rot speed and date of rot can be easily determined by rolling 2d6 for the manifested potato. In 2d6 days, that potato will no longer be edible. It’s completely fine until then.
PAW or Potato As Weapon
If used as a weapon the potato has the following properties:
- Melee: 1d2 bludgeoning damage. The damaged creature is ashamed to have been hit with a potato.
- Ranged: 1d4 bludgeoning damage, 20/60.
Creative ways to use a potato
- As a weapon (see above)
- Soft rock
- Tiny boat
- Tiny house
- Bigger house (use magic)
- Bigger food (use moar magic)
- Grow more potatoes
- Rub on skin
- Grind into flour
- Remove stains from your recent battles
- Shine boots
- Make soap
- Use as prop for standup comedy