Update: Great news! We’re working on some site updates that will allow us to more easily let you search encounters. You will be able to filter by Location, Party Level, Encounter/Adventure Type, as well as a free form search (in case you remember a title or topic).
We’re hoping to get this out the door by mid-August, but want to make sure everything looks great prior to doing so. Please let us know if there are any other filtering options we should consider! Drop a comment here or send us a note at email@example.com.
This week’s posts:
- Rise From The Ashes -A distraught blacksmith has his lost friends returned, but they’re not quite the same.
- Dead Rising – A lich is having trouble with his recently raised undead.
- Bourbons & Ryes – Help a treant rescue his furniture friends
- On the Rise – Take part in the Great Underdark Bake-Off
- Rise And Shine – Cock-a-doodle-doom.
- Rise Through the Ranks – A young, sweaty devil needs help earning his merit badges
Now, here are the ideas that didn’t make it from this week’s theme Rise.
Rise Like a Phoenix
- Fight club underdog situation
- Arena in the basement of a bar
- Wizards who cast mage hand and play rock, paper, scissors (super safe, god forbid someone gets hurt)
- Wizard is always losing, stuck inside his own head…strategize and train
- Fill in for him…his wrist has cramped and he can’t compete in the finals
- Wizard gets angry…summons a rock elemental at the end “accidentally”
Early to Bed, Early to Rise
- Earl the insomniac
- He doesn’t sleep, running around town screaming about the apocalypse…he’s so sleep-deprived
- Bring in sleep assistant again? Drow Z. …?
- Falls asleep and the hallucination/apocalypse happens
- Only Earl can defeat him, but he’s asleep and won’t wake up
Land of the Rising Sun
- Mimic of large red dot keeps rising (second sun)
- Mimic is just desperate for attention…people are always worshiping sun gods and welcoming the day. He wants that now.
- BUT everyone in town is super sunburned and staying inside
- The Red Sun mimic thinks that they’re painting themselves red to look like him in appreciation.
- Defeat the mimic OR convince the mimic to transform into something else that the townsfolk would love/worship/pay attention to
Rise of the Machines
- Constructs taking jobs
- Constructs contracting a strange illness like a fever..overeating and shutting down. Temperature rising
- Some druid is creating the constructs, annoyed the townsfolk are dumping garbage in wetlands
- Is pretty evil though, so party must defeat trash/junk constructs
Rise of the Planet of the Hadozee
- Hadozee monkeys crash their pirate ship into the coast and think they’re discovered a new world entirely
- Party finds them and the Hadozee are confused and have amnesia
- Inspecting the vessel determines that one of their trade goods is some fungus that causes memory loss
- Myconids trying to spread their fungus
Rise and Grind
- 5-Hour Energy…but in fact, it just makes a person enter berserker mode (rage)
- Tech bros – Drow