In [insert town name] the party stumbles upon a long line in front of a stall. Townsfolk are giddy as they wait their turn and start chatting the party up. “Miss Aack is the best! She always knows exactly what we need to hear.”
As they get closer to the front, they can make out a sign that says “Find Your Sign, Embrace Your Potential,” with a note of 5cp per reading beneath.
The stall belongs to Zoey D. Aack, a spirited and beguiling fortune teller whose vibrant energy and mischievous grin draw the townsfolk in. Her background as a Warlock Bard in the College of Lore led her on many adventures, but she found her calling in traveling from town to town, “reading” fortunes based on their birth month, according to the Calendar of Harptos.
Leveraging a combo of True Seeing, Foresight, and Clairvoyance from her training, and some common horoscopic phrases, Miss Aack gives each townsperson peace of mind as well as an attachment to what they believe to be prophetic visions. In reality, Miss Aack uses her skills, and a healthy dose of empathy, to see what it is that the individual truly seeks. Her “reading” also imbues a slight buff for the individual, granting them special benefits for the following hour or their next encounter.
To get a reading from Miss Aack, party members should pay the 5cp, then roll a d12. The DM can use the following list OR create their own to tie further into the campaign.
- Nurture your friendships and cherish the bonds you have.
- The rest of the party gains +2 to their leading stat
- Your social life is dynamic. Make contact with like-minded individuals.
- You feel a magnetic pull to anyone with the same alignment as you. Literally you are magnetized and pulled in that direction when in proximity. Advantage on attack roles when within 30 feet of that individual in battle.
- Financial matters require attention.
- Any clothing or bag with coins inside immediately rips, spilling out into the street. The next chest you open will have 1.5x the payout it would have had.
- Practice patience and perseverance in overcoming obstacles.
- The next door you encounter will have an additional DC of 10, making it more difficult to enter. If force is used, there is nothing special behind the door. If anything else is used, there is a rare item waiting for the PC
- Embrace change as a catalyst for personal growth and transformation.
- Immediately trigger a random encounter. Drops a scroll of True Polymorph.
- Embrace your leadership qualities and inspire others around you.
- Grant two members of the party an inspiration point. An inspiration point can be used when you make an attack roll, saving throw, or ability check to gain advantage on that roll.
- Your energy is a rainbow of positivity today. Let your vibrant colors paint the world with joy and laughter!
- Any time the party member laughs or says something positive, they vomit rainbows that cover creatures for one day. Those afflicted get 1d4 health back and +1 to Charisma
- Today, your lucky stars are aligned to bring you an extra sprinkle of glitter and unicorn magic. Embrace the sparkles!
- The stars literally shift and the moon rises too early, throwing tides out of sync and unleashing 1 hour of chaos upon the Realm. The party member also gets +2 Persuasion due to glittery eyes
- Step into your cosmic groove today, and let the universe boogie with you. It’s time to dance to the rhythm of your dreams!
- Member dances uncontrollably and gets -2 Stealth, but +2 Performance for the duration. This also applies to any enemies who must roll with disadvantage due to their own cosmic groove.
- Adventure awaits! Pack your bags and embark on a cheesy quest that will take you to the ends of the Earth, where you’ll find love, laughter, and a healthy dose of clichés.
- Advantage on all rolls as long as PC speaks in puns or bad/corny jokes
- Unleash your inner rebel, break free from the shackles of conformity and embrace your individuality with cheesy gusto. Dance to the beat of your own offbeat drum and watch the world fall in love with your quirky charm.
- -2 to Stealth as a drum beat echoes from the PC, +2 to Persuasion, advantage on rolls against the opposite sex
- Your financial fortunes are aligning, dear PC. Prepare for a windfall of abundance that will make you feel like you’ve stumbled upon a pot of gold.
- A pot of gold literally falls out of the sky and lands at the feet of the PC. 1d4 bludgeoning damage, but 250gp.
Tell us your best horoscope and side effect in the comments below!