10/22/23 – Last week we mentioned our upcoming Kickstarter, now the Coming Soon page for Mayor of Mayville is live! Slap that “Notify me on launch” button or keep an eye out here for the official launch. We are targeting next Sunday. As mentioned, the primary driver for a Kickstarter is working with an artist and ensuring we can pay them, but we’ll also have some awesome additional perks, one of which is the chance to participate in the one shot as a player!
DnD Creator Spotlight
DM Resource: Especially if you’re into OSR, you absolutely need to check out @immersive_dungeon_delving. Joshua K. focuses on “Everything to do with old school RPG’s but focused on Original Dungeons & Dragons, and it’s retroclones.” No idea where he’s finding all of these books, but there is so much inspiration to gain from flipping through his posts. We’ve been loving MEGADUNGEON MONDAY especially, where he delves into a module with, you guessed it, a megadungeon. Follow this man now.
Podcast: Lawful Stupid, a weekly DnD live play, is now on its 4th Campaign and is releasing episode 60 of that campaign this week. Solid audio quality and a good core group, this is a great weekly listen that’s flying under the radar.
Map Maker: Ross McConnell is the founder of @2minutetabletop, a mapmaking group that we find ourselves continually drawn to. It feels like each time we’re scrolling and see a 2-Minute Tabletop, we stop and think, “oh, this would be great for [insert encounter here].” Awesome source for free maps, map inspiration, and general DnD resources, 2-Minute Tabletop is a must-follow for us.
Have other creators we should feature? Let us know!
- Roderick the Crusher – Half-orc barbarian owner of Roderick’s Bed and Breakfast and leader of a nomadic tribe of barbarians. They recently built out the Bed and Breakfast but the barbarians have been struggling with restless sleep, many claiming to see frightening visions or hear strange voices through the walls. He asks the party to assist.
- Cow Fiends From The Nine Hells:
- Moophestaphales (h/t bpolen84)
This Week’s Encounters
- Fall of the House of Crusher – Roderick the Crusher, a reformed barbarian, has claimed an abandoned mansion so that he and his nomadic tribe can finally have a home. Trouble is, there are some restless spirits staying there as well. This desert encounter is for player levels 4-7.
- Hellgrazer – A cow from the Nine Hells is accidentally summoned when the party solves a strange puzzle box. What emerges after is anyone’s guess. Party levels 8+.
- The Monkey’s Fist – Herbert, a modest farmer, has made wishes on a cursed monkey’s paw with unexpected consequences. Now, he needs the party’s help to reverse the damage he’s caused.
- The Bear Witch Project – A bear witch is kidnapping adventurers and destroying the forest, can the party fight back and end the destruction? Party levels 1-3.
If you have a moment, we’d appreciate it if you could take a quick survey for feedback about what else you’d like to see in these weekly newsletters.