This week wraps up our posts based on the theme “Mind.” More full encounters coming tomorrow, but until then feel free to snag some of these slightly built out ideas for your next session!
- Mind Like a Steel Trap – Please just bear with me on this one.
- Mind Your Ps and Qs – An etiquette school for pixies and quasits needs teachers
- Idle Minds at Devil’s Playground – Guest post from Lxi
- Mind-Craft – An artificer is stuck babysitting hill giants
- Where Is My Mind(s) – A rancher can’t seem to keep track of his herd.
- Don’t Hate the Mindflayer… – …Hate the Mind Games
Thanks for another great week and for the assistance on Instagram with naming some of our NPCs!
Now for the ideas that got unalived in the writing room.
- A probably-too-meta idea about the party getting railroaded by a woman named Dee Emm
- She set them off on a mind-cart in a mine
- Could also be “One-Track, Mined”…company only made a single mine track and now it’s caved in some and needs to be mined free to be usable again
Brain in a Jar, Young Frankenstein Riff
- Wealthy person wants her construct servant to be more empathetic and emotional
- Requires a human brain
- Go and fetch brain from a graveyard…soon to be buried criminal?
- Puts brain in…construct now has violent tendencies, needs to be destroyed
- Heist of course
- The party must break into something, but the NPC with the passcode is out sick and can’t be found
- All about determining the passcode (like the board game)
- Absurd version of the Netflix show
- Steve the Kenku Detective is trying to understand the inner workings of adventuring parties that murder everyone they encounter in his world
- Several groups have come through recently and murdered several shopkeepers
- Steve wants to interview your party to understand why you kill NPCs
Eternal Sunshine of of the Spotless Mind
- Wipe memories of townsfolk…they’re happier
- However, there’s a countdown clock in the middle of the town, and they’ve all forgotten what it’s for…ominous music starts to play, flashing red lights “I mean, it can’t be a good thing, right?”
- Giant wasps (or bring back bees) are doing something
- Interrupted by honey badger
- Party must assist the swarm of wasps against the badgers
- Difficult terrain inside the hive because its so sticky
- Power word bees
Aaaaand all the rest:
- Body Soul and Mind
- A group of pacifists refuses to defend themselves against a pack of cranium rats
- Cranium rats take over the town and take over the bodies of the townsfolk
- The town is thriving, party must determine whether or not to do anything about it
- Read My Mind
- A man is able to produce books with his mind only after uncovering a secret recipe
- Needs the party to retrieve more herbs or whatever to create the recipe
- My Mind is a blank slate
- Orc that faceplanted hard, his head is the only flat surface in town, so people keep bothering him to use it
- Someone with amnesia, must re-teach him his craft
- Maybe he was a knight?
- A beautiful mind
- Intellect Devourer fashion show
- Your place or mind
- A mindflayer needs help with his dating profile after striking out one too many times
- Need to do 3 things to improve his profile
- Mind your own business
- A local shopkeeper’s union is in dispute because each believes their shop should be featured first in the local paper
- Decide to have a psychic battle to see who will be featured
- While they are debating, thieves rob all of their stores
- Fetch quest to get them back
- Minders Keepers
- A group of mind flayers keeps stealing brains and saying “Minders Keepers” when confronted due to a misreading of an ancient tome
- Bored Out of One’s Mind
- Drilling into the head of a giant beast in order to alleviate it of a severe headache based on the advice of an iffy Cleric
Any other ideas based on our theme word “Mind”? Let us know below!