Another week of DnD Encounters, NPCs, items and monsters is in the books! If you prefer the rejected ideas from this post in video form, we’ll be posting them on our YouTube channel as well over the next few weeks!
Post recap from this week:
- Stop, Drop, and Roll – A bakery in the Underdark has a beholder problem
- Stop the Bleating – These bleating hearts just want their friend back.
- Stop the Presses – Will you sabotage a local newspaper before they go to print?
- The Buck Stops Here – A thief has stolen an item of great importance to a group of Omikyr.
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – A town is at the mercy of a basilisk with a god complex
- Stop, Stop, Please Let Me Go First – When the guard’s away, Death Dogs will play.
Stop in the Name of Love
- King Luv demands that everyone in town freezes when he decides to enter the town because he is paranoid that he will be jumped or assassinated.
- Teach the King that his townsfolk love him and that they need not be feared
- BUT the fear is founded and there is a big assassination plot that must be stopped
- Zoey D. Aack is back, but the fates declare that the party will be stopped
- On their adventure, they fall into quicksand, get trapped in a web or tree sap
- Must struggle free
Pulling Out All the Stops
- Town wants to drain a lake
- Swim to bottom, pull out the 3 stoppers keeping the water in
- BEHEMOTH QUIPPERs attack
If I stop now, I’ll die
- Concept similar to Speed, a man has been cursed (or thinks so) with some dumb phrase that told him not to stop.
- He’s been walking for two weeks without stopping, but is worried if he does he’ll explode
Stop the Clock
- Attacking ogre is very dumb…says he will strike the town at X hours on the clock tower
- Stop the clock so he’s just stuck waiting on the outskirts for a time that never arrives. Leaves and comes back every day, ultimately gets frustrated and gives up (or attacks anyway)
Stop Your Belly-Aching
- The party awakens inside a stomach, two other creatures are in there with them
- Have constructed a makeshift house
- OR Minimize and climb inside an even fatter Kenku – a la Anatomy Park
Stop and Smell the Roses
- A gardener can’t NOT stop and sniff roses, his nose will implode
- Oliver N. Hale wants to make a scent based on some rare desert rose
- Unfortunately, the rose withers and dies immediately when plucked
- He needs you to just go and find a rose, smell it, and describe the scents that are closest to said rose.
- Smelling the roses is dangerous, con save or fall unconscious, wake up surrounded by vines
- Spouses of the town are upset that their partners are pursuing sexy demons
- Clearly something evil is going to befall them…
- The demons are actually marriage counselors…so they first cause problems before then trying to help
- “When you ___, I feel ___.”
- The party needs to go and defeat the demons, but then they realize that they’re trying to help: no more quiet upset couples…we force them to blow up and confront their issues.
- the demons love breaking hearts, “it’s not you, it’s me.”…travel from town to town making people miserable
- The first general store, trying to sell everything but jack of all trades master of none situation: the food is poor, the armor is shoddy, etc.
- OR evil Walmart corporation…sells EVERYTHING
- Quality is poor and breaks down but it’s so cheap
- Running small ma and pa shops out of business
- Preparing for a battle, but all the Walmart swords break instantly…town is in trouble for relying on a big-box store.
And The Rest
- Uncorking The Stoppered flask
- If they let it out, chaos. Otherwise it just screams constantly
- Can’t stop loving you
- Charm spell
- Don’t Stop the Party
- Town is having a celebration
- Some monster loves parties
- If the party stops, the monster will wreak havoc and eat them
- Stop the Music
- Stubborn bard is terribly off-key and horrible at playing music
- Train him to be better or crush his dreams
- Maybe he’s better at playing a specific, bizarre instrument
- If the music doesn’t stop before 12, the town will implode
- Stop Cold Turkey
- Attacking turkey with cold magic is destroying a town…and its economy
- Can’t Stop Dancing
- The economy is in shambles
- A chaotic evil bard rode through town a week ago and implanted a earbug
- Stop Motion
- A painter comes up with an idea for frame-by-frame animation, but it takes a day for each frame. 30 frames = 1 second, has worked for 3 months on this idea but no one sees his vision.
- Painters guild offered help, but never showed
- Party must find and save painters who are being held hostage by something that hates art, an oblex maybe?
- Don’t stop me now
- A gravekeeper is convinced an upcoming wave of death so he’s pre-digging graves
- It’s crept into the town and the streets are all torn up
- Pit Stop
- The party comes across a pit with seemingly nothing out of the ordinary in there
- Stop the World, I Want to Get Off
- A whiny dragonborn says he gets nauseous from the planets rotation
- Have to figure out a way to constantly levitate him
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the A-Bomb-ination
- Snake creature looking for love, but everyone judges them
- Final Stop
- A train ride to hell
- The last ride on X before it is decommissioned
- A traveling executioner who is framed for a crime and must behead himself the next day unless the party can prove he’s incident
- I can’t stop
- A group of water creatures are headed straight for an embankment but can’t veer off course
- Who’ll Stop The Rain
- A town where it has rained so much that the crops are flooded, dam overflowing, it’s basically venice at this point
- Turns out its a X that had a surplus of boats that no one was buying and he forced the rain but can’t turn it off. He’s terrified.
- 4-way stop sign “no, you go first”
- At a crossroads in the middle of a field
- That sign won’t stop me, because I can’t Read
- An illiterate half-elf shoves his way into a dangerous area and gets trapped